May is my least favorite month. It’s like the Thursday of the year. It’s almost summer but you just have to wait a few more weeks. It’s almost nice weather, but yesterday was 42 degrees and rainy. I think most people get seasonal springtime stress and it’s hits around April and May.
This month I’m looking forward to Memorial Day weekend because I have two days off. Coincidentally it’s also the very last days of May. Basically I’m looking forward to May being over.
With just two months before I jet off to camp for the summer, I have a complex list of things I need to accomplish before then.
- Finish The Secret Life of Bees and read three other books
- Journal three or four times a week
- Revise two pieces headed towards publication
- No sweets or junk food (I’m granting myself one “oops” day a week but that’s it)
- Spring clean my room and purge everything, including boxes I have in the attic
- Sew something new
- Write three short stories (A hefty goal but I think I can manage it)
- Update my résumé
- Hold crow pose for thirty seconds
- Run for twenty minutes without stopping to walk
Looking at it seems like a lot. Especially with a six day work week. But this past week especially I’ve been really productive so I’m holding myself in a strong and positive light.