I’m sick and I’m stressed. When I say May is my least favorite month, I really mean it. It feels like everything falls apart at the same time.
Recently I started to appreciate chanting in my yoga practices. At first it was really weird and made me slightly uncomfortable, but after a couple times I really feel more relaxed.
Now, I’m starting to repeat mantras in my head, or write them down on scraps of paper, like songs lyrics stuck in my head. Here are a few of my favorites to get me through a significantly more stressful phase.
- “The man on top of the mountain didn’t fall there.” –Vincent Lombardi
- “New beginnings are often disguised as painful endings.” –Lao Tzu
- “To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people just exist.” –Oscar Wilde
- “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.” –Henry David Thoreau
- “You have to participate relentlessly in the manifestation of your own blessings.” –Elizabeth Gilbert