Good morning everyone! Thanks for stopping by!
I’ve had this blog for a year but I haven’t been very consistent at updating it. In fact, almost half of my posts have been from the last two months.
When I started this, my main motive was to get into the habit of writing daily. For the past few months I’ve tried to really buckle down and produce some content. Some weeks were better than others.
I’ve been thinking a lot about the type of content that excites me and inspires me to write. I think part of my problem was that I was getting bored with the types of posts I wanted to write. I would sit down at my laptop and hover over the keyboard without really writing.
But who was forcing me to write those posts? Why did I feel the need to force those words out? This is my space; I know ultimately people may or may not read these posts, but I’m not going to waste both my time and yours writing something that I don’t want to write.
So I’ve settled down, and I really thought about who I am, what I’m struggling with, and what I want this blog to do for me in the future. I’ve come up with an angle and some ideas that are really exciting for me and I can’t wait to share my posts with you soon!
I’m going to stick to my schedule of posting five time a week, Monday through Friday. Each day of the week will have a theme, all relating about the different section of my life as I leave my title of “recent college graduate” behind and enter into full-time adulthood.
- On Mondays I will be talking about my creative Writing life, which entails some thoughts and tips on writing, as well as what I’m reading.
- Tuesdays I’ll post about my Professional life, where I’ll blog about the types of experiences I’m gaining at my jobs, as well as job searching tips and stories, and my struggles as I try to figure out a career path (much like other twenty-three year olds).
- On Wednesdays my posts will be about my Social life, like staying in touch with friends, living at home, relationships, and all that juicy stuff.
- Thursday will be dedicated to my Physical and Mental life and wellness as I work on becoming healthier by exercising and eating well, as well as spending some time talking about my yoga practice.
- Finally, Fridays will be saved for what Miscellaneous topics I’m feeling I need to write about, including some of my hobbies like traveling, camp, photography, and crafts/DIYs.
I’m changing around my categories a little bit, and adding some pages and social media platforms to The Seal Spot within the next week or so.
Thanks for bearing with me, and I hope you stick around to read some of my newly angled material!