I’ve been thinking it’s Thursday since about Tuesday afternoon. You could say it’s been a long week. I’m tired. It’s raining.
Still feeling kinda crappy since I wrote my last post, I decided to make a list of 10 things happening today (or in the very near future or in the past few days) that are upbeat and positive. I’ve been really focusing on a lot of “should dos” and “must haves” in my life without really paying attention to what is already here.
- I start my new part-time job at Barnes and Noble today! Talk about a high-school dream finally coming true. 😁
- I’m probably going to get a quesadilla this weekend from my favorite Mexican restaurant.
- I went to THE BEST Halloween themed yoga class Tuesday night. It was incredible. We listened to classic rock and Halloween music (think Ghostbusters theme and Thriller) and did some fun poses.
- I’ve been challenging my creativity into sewing projects and pottery projects, two mediums I generally don’t work with but still love.
- I found a really cool pattern to make a floor cushion out of fabric scraps and I’m mentally planning it out.
- It’s pizza day at school today which means I’ll probably get leftover pizza.
- I’m going to try to go to bed early tonight.
- I beat my old high score in Color Switch this morning.
- I’m seeing my college friend this weekend! It’s been about two months since I’ve seen here, but two months too long!
- I made a new Instagram account about a month ago focusing solely on books and reading in the hopes to get me to read more. I’ve been really enjoying taking pictures and engaging with others. Usually my projects kind of burn out after a while but I hope this one stays around for a while.
Honestly, this was a lot tougher than I thought. I got stuck around 6 and really had to think through my day to see what I was excited for. It was hard to keep out “although” and “however” and other condescending words.
What would your list of ten good things look like?
Here’s a photo of the quesadilla I’m really craving 😋