- Worn in New York by Emily Spivak
- Lumberjanes Vol. 1-3 by* Noelle Stevenson, Grace Ellis, Brooke Allen, Shannon Watters, Carolyn Nowak, Faith Erin Hicks, Brittney Williams, Felicia Choo
- The Power by Naomi Alderman
- The Music Shop by Rachel Joyce (ARC)
- Orange: The Complete Collection Vol. 2 by Ichigo Takano
- The Family Next Door by Sally Hepworth (ARC)
- The Language of Thorns by Leigh Bardugo
- Boy, Snow, Bird by Helen Oyeyemi
*There are a lot of different contributors to the Lumberjanes series, so I listed the authors and illustrators in the order the appear; however across the three different volumes I purchased, each contributor has a different level of involvement (i.e.: some are guest illustrators, etc).
- Summer Days and Summer Nights edited by Stephanie Perkins
- Chi’s Sweet Home Vol. 1 by Kanato Konami
- Orange: The Complete Collection Vol. 1-2 by Ichigo Takano
- The Complete Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi
- Friends with Boys by Faith Erin Hicks
- The Plain Janes by Cecil Castellucci
Throughout the month, I had a terrible time reading, for reasons I’ll soon delve into. This was partially due to outside factors, and also partially due to my own lack of motivation.
In early October, I accepted my first full-time job! However, this quickly meant I needed to refocus my reading habits; my reading (and writing) hours were drastically reduced, and often times I found myself crashing in bed at like 8pm.
A few times I tried to read during my lunch break, but the lunchroom was always too noisy and I felt rude reading a book sitting at a table surrounded by my fellow co-workers (whereas at Barnes and Noble, almost every read during their meal breaks). The few times I sat by myself in an empty room eating so I could read, my boss would always magically walk in and make me feel guilty for eating alone! (I’m not sure how she consistently knows where I am at all times it’s actually kind of freaky.)Read More »